- Today, Mothers Day
- Tomorrow, Join The Nature Conservancy for a Spring Evening Walk, 6:30-8:30 pm on Brownsville Preserve in Nassawadox! This walk is free and open to the public, but registration is required, as space is limited.* For more info or to register, please contact Outreach & Education Coordinator, Margaret Van Clief at email@example.com. *COVID safety protocol will be observed.
- Wednesday 12 May, NCPS 4th-6th graders! 12:00-4:00 pm. Join Nature Conservancy educators at Brownsville Preserve in Nassawadox for FREE hands-on outdoor exploration! Register- forms.gle/cJhtTHedkhdUHjzE9. COVID safety guidelines will be in place while having lots of fun and enjoying a FREE lunch! For more info, please contact Preserve & Education Manager Jenny Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 442-5418.
- Thursday 13 May, ESVA Chamber of Commerce Eggs & Issues - 8am to 10am at The Island House. Join us for a morning of networking, civic engagement and delicious food. Kick off the morning with networking, before a delicious breakfast and then hear updates on the most recent session of the Virginia Legislature from Senator Lynnwood Lewis and Delegate Rob Bloxom as well as local updates from Accomack County Board of Supervisors Chairman Ron Wolff and Northampton Chair Dixon Leatherbury. Masks will be mandatory at all times, other than while eating. Cost is $20. Limited seating is available so reserve your spot now! To register call (757) 787-2460 or email email@example.com.
- Saturday 15 May, The Onancock Elks Lodges BUG RUN. Each entrant is issued an 8" target for their vehicle. Pre-register by calling 710-1694 or register the day of the event at 3:30pm. Vehicles out at 4pm, returning by 6pm. Cash prizes for the biggest bug, the biggest splat and the bug closest to the center of the bullseye. Entry fee is $35 and includes entertainment and a low country boil starting a 6pm. All on the Lawn.
- Saturday 15 May, Outdoor Craft and Yard sale & Farmers Market - 8am to 1pm at the Exmore Moose Lodge. Rain date 5/16/2021 Sponsored by Northern Accomack Community Cats
- Saturday 15 May, Visit Cheriton for amazing deals and steals on yard sale items. Anyone needing space can set up at the town park, first come first serve spacing available a booth will be setup on location to register when you arrive. Must bring own tables to participate none will be available. Start set up at 7:30 at the park.
- Saturday 15 May, Family Movie Night Under the Stars featuring Ghostbusters, starring Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, and Sigourney Weaver - 8:30pm at the Historic Onancock School. Come early and bring a picnic to enjoy with your family! Social distancing is required
- Sunday 16 May, Lecture on the Lawn - 2pm to 4pm at Pear Valley. Pear Valley was constructed circa 1740 and is a rare example of a single-family dwelling on the Eastern Shore from that period. See the website for details. Presented by The Northampton Historic Preservation Society.
- Monday 17 May through Sunday 23 May, Restaurant Week - participating restaurants from Cape Charles to Chincoteague Island will offer a selection of specials where a portion of the sales receipts are donated to the Eastern Shore Literacy Council. You will be supporting local businesses while helping the Eastern Shore Literacy Council and the free tutoring it provides to adult learners. See the website for details.
- Friday 21 May, ACPS 4th-6th graders! 12:00-4:00 pm. Join Nature Conservancy educators at Chincoteague's Memorial Park for FREE hands-on outdoor exploration! Register- forms.gle/cJhtTHedkhdUHjzE9. COVID safety guidelines will be in place while having lots of fun and enjoying a FREE lunch! For more info, please contact Preserve & Education Manager Jenny Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 442-5418.
You can add to this calendar
Businesses in Machipongo